The following guides help you set up development devices for remote debugging with a browser’s dev tools.
The Chrome Inspector can be used to debug your app on a physical Android device or emulator, just like it can be used on any web application.
- For Windows, install the necessary USB drivers.
- A USB cable to connect your device.
- Chrome for Android installed and running on your device.
- USB debugging enabled on your device.
- In Chrome, go to
chrome://inspectin the URL bar.
- Click inspect in your app’s WebView on your device.
The Safari Inspector can be used to debug your app on a physical iOS device or emulator, just like it can be used on any web application.
- Navigate to Preferences › Advanced in Safari. Make sure the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” option is checked.
- Navigate to Settings › Safari › Advanced on your iOS device and enable the Web Inspector.
- Navigate to the Develop menu in Safari, and select
index.htmlunder your device.